All 4 art Reviews

Closing Time Closing Time

So funny! I love the look on his face in the second panel. I also love the barista's hair! I feel like I've seen a barista with that exact haircut before.

As for critique:
The only thing I notice is that the chair looks almost like it's leaning backwards. I think there's something weird going on with the perspective of that part.

Other than that, the comic made me chuckle and the art looks nice! Great job!

the goddam .... the goddam ....

First of all, don't be so hard on yourself! Degrading your work in the comments automatically makes people think less of it.

I think this is very well done. I really like the shading and highlighting on the black part of his costume.

I think the highlighting on the face is a little harsh. It makes his face look "shiny" and it's also a little difficult to tell where the light is coming from. (I'm guessing it's backlighting, mixed with some dramatic lighting from directly above him, yet this doesn't quite make sense for where the light is landing on his cheeks.)

The proportions look good except his right eye appears to be larger and slightly higher than the left. I'd recommend flipping the image horizontally part way through your drawing to make sure nothing stands out as being misproportioned.

I think you achieved a serious and dramatic portrait.

bocodamondo responds:

haha i really didnt expected to get a big critic review for this ^^ but yeah.
you are right , the one eye is really higher then the other, however copy and paste and mirror is a very dumb idea to go with. i just have to pay some attention thats all.

but yeah thanks ^^

re:SOCIETY re:SOCIETY

This is gorgeous! I love the face and the hair, and the way it looks like she's being sucked into the darkness.

I can only think of a couple of very small critiques:
Her chin seems just slightly too pointed.
And I'd like to see just a little more detail in the dark area. I get that it's supposed to be darkness, but my eyes wonder around just looking for a little bit more detail or depth. I do like the places where you have added this detail, though! Overall it looks great!

AkiCarlito responds:

alright thank you! i'll see what i can do! :)

Charmander stickers Charmander stickers

I really love the idea because I love Pokemon. The sticker is cute, and is definitely something I would use!

I think the head shape and eye position is slightly odd, giving him an "alien" feel. This could be a stylistic choice, but it puts me off a little bit.

Also, Charmander has three toes, but again this could be a stylistic choice.

I really love the way the fire looks and how it overlaps with his tail. I also think it's great that you did the shading so that you can tell light is coming from the fire. Nice observation!

Lastly: I think the pictures you used are great! It shows a flat detail of what the image looks like, a neat looking perspective shot, and an image showing size.